20080104

Good holiday / Bad holiday


I went to Umdloti (pronounced um-shloti) in Kwa-Zulu Natal for a short holiday. It is a lovely place but I can't decide whether or not my holiday was good overall.

Good Holiday

Umdloti is a beautiful place with a warm sea and perfect sunny days.

I stayed in a very nice holiday apartment that had an incredible view.

It was close to Umhlanga and Durban.

There are many interesting shops and restaurants.

Very friendly and helpful locals.

I got to go target archery shooting with some archery champions – was so much fun!

The sun rises at 4am and sets at around 7pm, so you have nice long days.

Spent New Year’s on the beach, watching an awesome fireworks display with a rising orange moon and the sea as a backdrop.

Spent some quality time with family.

Bad Holiday

The place has 100% humidity and part of the beach has been washed away by storms.

The damn monkeys kept coming into the flat to look for food and destroy the kitchen.

Lots and lots and lots of people.

Lots and lots and lots of people.

There was not enough holiday eye candy.

I got a really nasty sunburn on the archery day and now I have peeling lizard skin.

I had lots of work to do, so I didn’t get to go out as much as I would have liked.

I got a bit drunk on New Year's Eve and said the word “fuck” a lot because my laptop (with all my work on it) had been stolen earlier that day.

I didn’t get a New Year’s kiss from a cute guy.


I don't feel very rested but at least I got to go elsewhere, saw a place I had not seen before and had some fun with family I don't see often enough.

5 comments:

Los said...

Yeah, but were there a lot of people there?

Looks like a great place, and sounds like (for the most part) you had a lot of fun.

Happy New Year, Wendy!

morbidneko said...

Happy new year!

well, at least you got a holiday, so thats great. ^_^

so... was the laptop insured? or, is it just time to buy a new one?

mike said...

But humidity is good!

Anonymous said...

My first comment was lost somehow.
Well anyway, glad you had at least a half good break.
I am sending you another label for your collection.
I would love to see a post of what you are doing with them.
Glad you are back and posting:)

twanji said...

Do you remember when blogging was the hottest thing in the world and we were all so excited about it?
He he
Miss you... we must arrange a liaison soon!