20061013

Lift your spirits


It is rare that you are pleasantly surprised. I had hearn nothing about this movie but was told by EOH to go and see it. I have always trusted his taste in films, so I went the next day. What an amazing movie! It is something you probably wouldn't go see if you read what it was about. It sounds like a formulaic drama about a family who go on a road trip in their dodgy VW to get their young daughter to a beauty pageant. But don't be fooled! A genius screenwriter, Michael Arndt, and a fantastic cast take you on a real bumpy but hilarious ride that will feed your soul and make you smile. I want to tell you what it's about but I could never do it justice. Just trust me and go see it this weekend. Let me know what you think.

Cast includes: Greg Kinnear, Toni Collette & Alan Arkin, but they are all incredible!

10 comments:

nico said...

Ah, I've been looking forward to this. Hopefuly I can squeeze it this weekend.

Karen Little said...

It looks very cool - what a fantastic poster!

missy said...

I want to see this, too! You are the second person who said this was good!

Karen Little said...

heehee - look who's also blogging

twanji said...

I endorse this film!

Unknown said...

The poster is so cool, I think I took 20 lobby cards at Cinema Nouveau when the movie was over! Is there anyone else who collects lobby cards, or is it just me?

AristoNeeks said...

it looks like a feel-good flick. will give it a go.

Anonymous said...

Don't know it it is out yet in my part of the world, but I will put it on the "to see" list. The wife and I don't get out much as we have 3 kids. It keeps you busy.

Polyman3 said...

I like Greg Kinnear, so I'll probably see it...thx love.

twanji said...

JUST FOR THE RECORD: I did my post long befroe you began to fathom yours... Check the dates :)
If this film goes on to break local box-office records we need to get paid!